Helping and Preparing Positive Youth (HAPPY) will raise funds and connect children with special needs to activities and resources in their communities. The mission of Helping and Preparing Positive Youth (HAPPY), is to enrich the lives of children with special needs through participation in activities within their community in order to promote skills, development, and inclusion.
HAPPY is an up-and-coming non-profit that will connect children with special needs to activities and resources in their communities. Essentially, HAPPY is a scholarship program for youth to participate in varied activities (theater, arts, sports, music, camps, etc.). HAPPY is a stand for inclusion, opportunity, empowerment, and a truly thriving world.
HAPPY will have a tremendous effect on society. Some impacts including, but not limited to:
· Increased inclusion, knowledge, and acceptance of individuals with special needs.
· Increased knowledge and implementation of various skills (i.e. coping, social, focus, organizational, daily living, problem-solving, etc.).
· Faster graduations from mental health services (i.e. attendant care, case management, etc.).
· More developmental milestones reached.
· The child exhibiting less behavioral and emotional concerns.
· The family having a healthier, more loving, relationship.
· Lower environmental concerns within the community.
· A decrease in the amount of children in a psychiatric residential treatment facilities, respite, and jail.
· Lower costs for government and tax payers, as the need for additional mental health services may decrease.
· Cost of activities are far cheaper on society than potential risks caused by isolation, lack of resources, and lack of funds.
HAPPY is currently operational in Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. The long-term goal of HAPPY is to help one child (or more) in each of the fifty states before Jan 1st, 2019. HAPPY will help children in five countries (or more) before Jan. 1st, 2029.
Helping and Preparing Positive Youth (HAPPY) is a fiscally sponsored project of CoNimby Fund. CoNimby Fund Inc. (EIN-45-5384783) is classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) public charity and is qualified to accept tax-deductible contributions. No goods and/or services were given in exchange for this gift and, therefore, it is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. For more information contact email@example.com.