Top Local Places

Cleethorpes Rugby Union Football Club

Taylor's Avenue, Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Sports Club



Rugby Club based in Cleethorpes offering coaching for juniors from under 6's to under 18's.
Currently running 2 Adult Mens Teams A Local Rugby Club that caters for all age groups from under 5's upwards.  Seniors (over 17's) train Thursday evening and play Saturday afternoon. All under 17's (arias age groups) train and play (as calendar) Sunday morning's. 14-16s train Wednesday evening.


First team squad for this wkend v Keyworth. John Marris Andy Shaw Simon Layzell John Wools Olli nance Declan Rothenburg Phill Stark Adam Beeken Steven Broderick Dan Louis Alex Nabais Mike Burton Isaac McHon Joe Barker Patrick Hughes Sean Ward Matthew Searle Daniel Burnett Richard Hyde Callum Williams Kick off is 215pm. Good luck and #UTM

Unsurprisingly both training and the matches this weekend have succumbed to the weather. Sorry. But in other news that means that IF the snow has cleared, Keyworth should be visiting us next Saturday! #UTM

Ladies and gents. Despite allegedly being in the grip of the Beast from the East, there's important things ahead this weekend should the threatened snow blizzards fail to materialise. Saturday sees the First Team at home against league opposition from Keyworth with kick off at 215pm, and the Second Team are to travel to Beverley for a 1pm kick off against their Thirds - and it's Beverley RUFC's Presidents Day so let's put on a good show. All joking apart the weather could yet impact with travel conditions being as much if not more of an issue than the pitch conditions, but at present its all systems go! Oh and Thursday night training starts at 6pm, not 7pm 😉 #UTM

Cleethorpes 2nd team squad for Saturday's trip to Southall to gave there 3rd team. Meet at 1030 for 1045 departure due to a 1pm kick off so we cam get back in time for the international to begin. Anthony Holmes Sean Ward Richard Hyde John Grey Harry Lightfoot Max Searby Sam Pearson Daniel Burnett Lloyd Jones Joe Senior Sam Norris Peter Horobin Nathan Phillips Keiron Taylor Andy Shaw Simon Layzell Good luck chaps #UTM

Colts win caps a great weekend for Cleethorpes Rugby Sunday morning saw Cleethorpes Colts welcome Oundle Rufc Colts on what was great conditions for a game of rugby. The game began with a number of mistakes from either team which eventually broke the score line after 10 minutes; a mistake from Cleethorpes gave Oundle possession in the 22 and Despite 2 big blow tackles from Tom Clarke and Sam Hancock, fast hands gave Oundle the score in the corner. Cleethorpes responded from this and with a strong run from Bradley Whitton were up in the oppositions 22. Although Cleethorpes were piling the pressure, an interception from Oundle had them scoring under the posts leaving the score 0-12 to the visitors. Shortly after conceding a second score, Cleethorpes knew there was a job to be done and with fantastic scrummaging and great hooking from front row Liam smith, numerous scrums were turned over in Cleethorpes favour. This lead to scrum half Harry Lightfoots bambi run and fast hands to Max Searby whose great line of running broke the Oundle defensive line to go under the posts. Lightfoot converting the extras. At this point Cleethorpes were well in the game still and more strong runs from Liam Dunworth and Dominic Stephenson again, were piling much unneeded pressure on the visitors. The ball was only to be in Cleethorpes hands for a couple of phases before it slipped out into the hands of the Oundle backs in which a great move lead to them running under the posts for another score. Having had a lot of possession Cleethorpes work wasn’t paying off and a great turnover of the restart from Harrison Barrell a penalty was to be rewarded for holding on. The ball in touch and good line out was all Cleethorpes needed and from a big pushing maul from the forwards, the ball was thrown out to Callum Williams who pulled of a great dummy switch line with Stephenson and was under the posts for Cleethorpes second score of the game. Lightfoot adding the extras 14-19. Throughout the first half Cleethorpes hard work was coming out with points as the game drew closer to half time. Through this, Teddy Hanley’s break of line had Cleethorpes in the oppositions half shortly before the break and following a couple of phases and great counter rucking from Adam Nielsen, Williams was under the sticks for his second try of the game. Lightfoot adding the extras to go in at half time 21-19 to the home side. The second half begun very intense and with some weaving runs, Oundle were in to take the lead again. It just wasn’t to be, being pegged on their own try line Cleethorpes weren’t to be broken again with Sam Pearson spoiling the visitors fun stealing the ball leading to a Penalty for the home side. This gave Cleethorpes position and with a line break from substitute Declan Rothenburg running a good length of the pitch loosen the pressure of Cleethorpes shoulders. A strong determined pack weren’t willing to give the ball away and with great clearing out Barrell was over the line for Cleethorpes 4th score. Oundle being a score and abit behind had some work to do and despite scraping another score the Cleethorpes defense was just too strong for them in which the referee blew his final whistle. A great team performance and shout out to Cleethorpes boys Tom sellers and Cameron who helped out 12 man Oundle and gave their all. Well played lads Final score: Cleethorpes 26-22 Oundle

Cleethorpes 2nds – 33 Skegness 2nds – 24 Cleethorpes welcomed their opponents to Taylor’s Avenue for the “Battle of the Seasiders” with a team that appeared to have just the right blend of youth and experience. Whereas on the last outing there were no old heads to call on this week saw the return of the likes of Sean Ward and Matthew Stinson to help the younger players, and it soon told. Clee went on the front foot from the kick off and their back line were slicing through their Skegness counterparts like a hot knife through butter. As early as the third minute Phill Stark playing at inside centre broke from his own 22 and made his way through the defence towards the Skegness 22. With a defender to beat, he unselfishly looked to pass to the supporting Ben Holt just at the moment that Holt had decided it called for a switch move, and the misplaced pass meant the score went begging. However, Clee did not have to wait long for the next golden opportunity with Lloyd Jones breaking from the base of a ruck and when he set up Matthew Stinson the tryline was breached underneath the posts. Stinson took the conversion and the score was soon 7-0. Clee were playing some great rugby in this early stage and they soon got further reward. From a scrum just outside the Skegness 22 Stinson drove the ball forward and passed to scrum half Jack Grey who saw there was no cover and put a chip over the advancing defence. Sam Madeira, who had a very assured game at 10, showed his pace and determination and won the footrace for the ball and scored, and with Stinson making the conversion it was 14-0. Skegness started to put pressure on the home team as Clee seemed to think it was going to be a stroll, and their heavy park started to run directly at the home defence, asking serious questions. Clee’s repeated inability to stay onside at these breakdowns cost Stinson 10 minutes in the sin bin despite him not being the main offender. However throughout this 10 minutes and despite some heavy pressure on the Clee tryline, Skegness could not break through and no points were scored. Clee however managed to notch one of their own despite being down to 14 men. On one attack by the Skegness back line Ethan Fisher made an impressive tackle against their centre and full back Callum Williams came in and ripped the ball from the opponent setting up a quick counter attack. The ball was fed through the hands and hooker Jamie Sia was at the end of the attacking line, and as he approached the tryline and was stopped he found the supporting Phill Stark who cantered in under the posts. Williams stepped up and converted, making the score 21-0. Clee really relaxed at this point, and their repeated indiscretions at the breakdown cost them dearly. Skegness made advances using their pack almost knowing that each time they did they would get the penalty, and it paid off repeatedly and as defiant as the defence was, Skegness managed to cross the tryline twice before halftime and with one try being converted, the half time score was 21-12. After a halftime pep-talk the second half began much as the same. From the kick off the ball was recycled and Stark went through again, and he tried to feed Fisher but the ball did not stick when the tryline was at his mercy. This led to a period of defence by Skegness and they managed to get a penalty on their 5 metre line. An attempted clearance kick to touch fell short and was grasped by replacement centre Nathan Phillips and he made his way back towards the Skegness tryline before being stopped by the defenders. The ball was quickly recycled and Callum Williams danced through the defence again, but as he was stopped short he found the marauding Terry Probert in support, and the hooker crashed over underneath the posts. Stinson converted and the score was now 28-12. Directly from the kick off Cleethorpes scored another, with Stinson taking the catch and passing to Stark who in turn fed Williams and received the ball back when Williams was stopped. Stark headed towards the tryline and as he was stopped he fed the supporting Madeira to score his second of the day out wide. The conversion was missed and Cleethorpes led 33-12. Cleethorpes remained on the front foot for the majority of the second half but Skegness were not going to lay down and showed great spirit to score two late tries. However Cleethorpes saw out the remainder of the game to record the victory, but their repeated infringements could have cost them dearly and must be a part of the game that they look to improve on in the coming weeks.

Some pics of other groups training at Cleethorpes RUFC this Sunday, 18/02/18. #UTM

Sunday 18/2/18. CRUFC 26 - Oundale 22

Clee 2nds - 33 - Skegness 2nds - 24

What a great weekend for CRUFC. The Senior teams triumphed on Saturday and the weekend was capped off with a win for the Colts side on Sunday as they defeated visitors Oundale 26-22. Well done boys! The future is definitely bright!!! #UTM

Some cracking results today for the CRUFC Senior squads. The First team travelled to Gainsborough and maintained their unbeaten run with a 47-7 win, which sees them maintain a 6 point gap over their nearest rivals. And the Second team ran out winners with a 33-24 victory over their seaside rivals Skegness. Congratulations to both teams and all who played. Sunday sees the Colts take to the field against Oundale with kick off at 11am, so come down and support and hopefully we can mate it a clean sweep this weekend. #UTM

2nd team squad home v Skegness. Meet at the clubhouse @ 1245pm Dave Drinkell Jack Grey Jamie Sia Terry Probert Lloyd Jones Sam Norris Sean Ward Phil Christy Ethan Fisher Sam Madeira Ben Holt Steve Jackson Nathan Phillips Matthew Stinson Nicholas MP Smith Callum Williams Joe Tully Joff Grant Good luck chaps and #UTM